If you need to jumpstart your weight loss efforts, nothing can be more effective than a detox.
Detox diets tend to get a lot of attention, mostly for their exaggerated claims of weight loss success. But the truth is, many detox diets are just fads. Most can’t be sustained for any long period of time, and some can actually be hard on your body.
This is why I lean towards a more natural, holistic approach – one that is geared towards simple lifestyle changes that can be maintained for the long term. In other words, you should view a detox as a more permanent change to your eating habits.
Out with the bad, and in with the good! This is how real weight loss happens.
Here’s my solution to detox diets for weight loss. Follow these tips, and you’ll be on your way to weight loss success!
Detox Diets for Weight Loss – Lifelong Detox Solutions
1. Drink More Water – Before you do anything else, increase your water intake. Water is the best natural detox available. It effectively cleanses your body of toxins and keeps your metabolism running smoothly. Soft drinks should be out, and juices should be reduced as much as possible. All of these things are just too high in sugar.
2. Cut Down on Refined Sugars & Carbs – This brings us to my second point. The next most important step to a natural detox is to cut down on refined sugars and carbohydrates (especially simple carbs and starches). This is why fad detox diets fail, because they neglect basic principles of weight loss. Sugars and carbs are stored as fat if not burned off during exercise and energy production, so you must reduce your intake to see real results.
One easy way to fight your sugar cravings is to have a cup of tea. Drinking tea is an effective way to distract your palate and help you forget about those pesky cravings. One of the best teas for doing this is Magic Matcha Green Tea – it will also boost your metabolism and get you burning more fat!
3. Remove the Bad Fats – It’s also critical to remove bad fats (trans fats, saturated fats) from your diet. Fat is added to many foods in order to improve its flavor, but at the end of the day, this is like hitting your head against a weight loss wall. The more fat you take in, the more weight you’ll gain, simply put.
To keep yourself feeling satisfied and weighing less, go for healthy fats like omega-3 fatty acids. In fact, research shows that taking a supplement like NOW Ultra Omega-3 will effectively enhance your metabolism and help you shed the pounds!
4. Reduce Your Intake of Sodium – Looking for a quick fix to weight loss? Believe it or not, salt may be your answer. Sodium is added to many foods as a preservative and a flavor-enhancer, but sodium also leads to water retention – and that can make toning up very difficult. Watch your labels for high levels of sodium, and stop adding salt to your food! You’ll see some significant weight loss results within a week or so.
5. Avoid Processed and Packaged Foods – My final sustainable detox solution is to stop eating processed and packaged foods. When it comes down to it, these foods are full of all the bad things I just talked about, including sugar, refined carbs, bad fats, and sodium. Instead, aim for a whole foods diet that is rich in nutritional content. Also increase your intake of healthy superfoods like NOW Astragalus and you’ll see awesome results!
Detox Diets for Weight Loss – Conclusion
These simple detox solutions will help you lose weight and KEEP it off, I guarantee! And if you’re wondering what you should add to your diet, try increasing your intake of protein with natural supplements like Optimum 100% Natural Whey and Vega Complete Whole Food Health Optimizer. Protein will boost your metabolism and help you feel full and satisfied!
Source: Followed Tweet by @fitnesschicky: Detox Diets for Weight Loss http://bit.ly/NdxTph
- Detox Diets Done Right (massageenvy.com)
- Low Carb Diet Plans (answers.com)
- Sugar And High Fructose Corn Syrup Found To Perform Equally On A Reduced Calorie Diet (medicalnewstoday.com)
- 3 Secrets About Weight Reduction That Your Doctor May Well Not Tell You (ghanabiased.com)
- Exposed: Juice Fasting (nudefoodgoddess.wordpress.com)
- Is Raw Food Detox An Effective Dieting Option? (holistichealthliving.wordpress.com)
- A Lemon Detox Review – Does The Lemon Detox Diet Plan Help You To Lose Weight? (ezdiets4u.wordpress.com)