Skip this diet destructor to burn significantly more fat during–and after every workout.
Here’s another reason to put down that bagel: If you eat fewer carbohydrates, you’ll torch more fat when you exercise. In a study recently published in the European Journal of Applied Physiology, women who followed a low-carb diet (about 20 percent of their daily calories) for 48 hours burned significantly more fat during a treadmill session–and for two hours afterward–than those who ate a more moderate amount of grains, fruit, and starches. “When your body’s resources are limited, it saves carbohydrates for vital functions and uses fat as fuel,” says study author Jeffrey Potteiger, Ph.d., dean of graduate studies at Grand Valley State University. Bet a breakfast of protein-rich egg whites and turkey bacon is looking pretty yummy right now!
- Is This Diet Right For You? Part three – Low Carb Diets (fitterfaster.wordpress.com)
- Living Low-Carb (everydayhealth.com)
- Cracking the Low-Carb Code (everydayhealth.com)
- Low Carb Food List (answers.com)
- Low Carb Meal Solutions (answers.com)
- How good low carb diet makes you risk free (nhoxnho.typepad.com)
- How to design the best low carb diet (foodlowcarb.wordpress.com)