When the weather is warm, there is nothing quite like going for a refreshing swim at the local pool. To add to the benefits, you can use it as an opportunity to work on those stomach muscles. The water provides natural resistance, making the pool a great place to do stomach exercises to flatten out that tummy. Despite the greater resistance water has than air, aquasizing is low-impact, meaning less strain on joints. Try out these exercises next time you take a trip down to your pool. Remember, consult your doctor before beginning a new workout routine, and always warm up properly to prevent injury.
The first set of exercises to try is called the jump and dig. There are two moves in this set, one for the upper body and one for the lower body. The former is great for your obliques, and the latter works on your abdominals. To start, stand in water that is between your belly button and chest. To work the lower body (including your abdominals), put your feet a wide distance apart, then jump so your knees come up to the surface of the water and back down. Picture a frog as you do it; this will help you get the form right. Next, to work the upper body, begin by making a scoop with both hands at the surface of the water. Bring your hand scoop below the surface, then scoop up and to one side. Alternate sides to work the obliques on both sides. Start by doing the two moves separately for three minutes each. Once you have mastered the form, do them at the same time to exercise both sets of stomach muscles at once.
- The 100 Best Fitness Tips (theafterburnsg.wordpress.com)
- Oblique Blast [Dorm Room Workout] (collegecandy.com)
- Exercising During Pregnancy (enfamil.com)
- Getting perfect abs without the Ab Rocket Twister (abrockettwisterreview.wordpress.com)
- Body Article : An Equipment-less Gym – Part II (Final) (mindbeingfit.wordpress.com)
- Lose Weight by Losing Belly Fat (weightchangers.wordpress.com)
- Get A Lower Abdominal Workout With The “BELT” (fitnesstroop.com)
- Water aerobics 101: Workouts for the swimming pool. (bangaricontentgallery.com)
- 5 Poses for a Perfect Yoga Booty! (greenlightyoga.wordpress.com)
- Gentle Abs (fitness4mamas.wordpress.com)